Still the Storm



If you have been a Corp member before I'm sure you will agree with me that the end and the beginning of the month are the most crucial as clearance is set between the last week of a month and the first week.
So last weekend I had to travel to my hometown for a friend's wedding and I kinda outstretched my weekend into the week.
 My phone was buzzing with calls on Tuesday when I was told about the clearance at my PPA, I thought I had that covered when I told my friends to sort it out. So on Wednesday morning, I had travel back... Am sure u are wondering why the gist?? Don't worry I will come to the topic for today.
I was already fagged out from my 7hour journey and how uncomfortably sited I was, only to get a call from my colleague's saying that state allowances were being paid at that moment and I had to rush down.
In the course of my Journey earlier I found out that the clearance wasn't done for me the previous day.
Now picture me sitting in the most uncomfortable position with my legs numb and now hearing my clearance wasn't done and that the allowances we had waited for the past 4months were being paid and I was about to miss it. All the alarms came up in my head, I could feel anger rising up, I was angry with the sluggish driver, angry with my friends for not helping me as expected, angry with myself for staying home when I should have been at my PPA.
Just when my head was about to burst with the frustration I heard this voice in my head reminding me of the disciples when the flew into frustration while on the sea.
 I was like one of them today forgetting that Jesus was on board with me.
They were all afraid and worried,  but Jesus was lying on the same boat asleep (Luke 8:23)
Imagine he was asleep during all the  hustle and bustle,
Let's pause here and say well-done sir.. like seriously? Jesus through all the chaos, the boat already filled with water almost sinking and there you were asleep?
Such peace!!! the type he expected his disciples to have, But they were completely lost in the present situation of things.
Not until they finally remembered he was with them before they called out to him and in one word he said to the sea be still and all things came to halt.
Many times we allow our frustrations and anger cloud our sight that we forget to see Jesus right next to us, Jesus who has the power to calm all our fears, worries and storms.
Like me today, after I was able to remember what Jesus will expect me to do, the frustration and anger left and I, of course, collected my money and even signed my clearance without a struggle.

When the storms of life start its torments and it seems like the storms and problems of this life are closing in on us, our lifeboat begins to sink. let's remember that we all have Jesus and his power to bring the storm to a standstill.
Still that storm!

Comments

Popular Posts