#RooftopMusing

       

     #RooftopMusings
       My new favourite place in my compound is the rooftop, I  sit there to enjoy the cool evening breeze, stare into the blue sky and get lost in following the clouds as they move and mix up constantly changing form. I like to take pictures of the sky and the sunset,  the beautiful vegetation and the dark sky after the sun is gone to sleep with help from the streetlights and moon as the light up my rooftop.
 Most times when I'm on my rooftop feeling like King David on his palace roof, I play music and allow my thoughts  wander, I  pray I never get to see any naked women like David though *LOL*
So today's rooftop musing came as a result of listening to Alicia Keys "in common"  song. Then my mind stuck on the lyrics "we've got way too much in common... Who wants to love somebody like me..."
I sit here pondering about those words though totally unrelated  to what or who she's singing about and I start to question myself,
How many times have we felt unloved?
 How many times have we felt like we are way too flawed to be loved the way we want?
How many times have we sat there and judged ourselves on standards we set up in our heads or people made us believe?
There's one person who loves you like crazy,  he watches you as you make all those countless mistakes, he sees you as you struggle to fill your broken heart with different pieces that seem not to fit well into the cracks on the walls, he sees you when you sink into your  throne of depression and over think everything.
     Like the song says we have got way too much in common with this lover, First of all he has been where you have been, he came as a human and he knew what it felt like to be you,  he had to walk in your flesh to feel the pressure and curve balls life threw at you then he nailed all that for your sake,  like he loved you way too much and decided to take your pain and all that you feel right now. You may be wondering so why do I still feel like this? The answer is you still haven't changed the song in your head "who wants to love someone like me? " Jesus wants to love someone like you, just the way you are, he's not like the earthly lover that wants you fit into his wild wonder specifications. He loves you silly and is offering the best kind of love.
You see that thing we do when we find something new to replace something or someone we once loved?  We need to ditch that and go for a love that is eternal, never fails,  a love that never walks out of your life rather stays and keeps whole.

"Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous, it does not brag, and it is not proud. Love is not rude, it is not selfish, and it cannot be made angry easily. Love does not remember wrongs done against it. Love is never happy when others do wrong, but it is always happy with the truth. Love never gives up on people. It never stops trusting, never loses hope, and never quits"
1 Corinthians 13:4‭-‬7 ERV


Comments

  1. This reminded me of a quote
    "love will come and when love comes love will hold you, love will call your name and you will melt, sometimes though love will hurt you but love will never mean to, love will play no games cause love knows life has been hard enough already"

    Great write-up as always 👐

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts