Grafted


Grafted




I opened my Bible app the other day and the word in John 15:5-9  jumped at me, I tried to understand what “ I dwell in him and he dwells in me”  meant. I struggled to understand how Christ could be living in me and I in him, But I got more confused. If Jesus is in me then He is in me! But the twist of me being in Christ and Christ being in me threw me off. Then the Holyspirit decided to explain things to me by taking me through an Agriculture class.

In agriculture, grafting is the joining together of plants parts by means of tissue regeneration. It involves placing a portion of one plant usually called a bud or a scion into or on another stem, root or branch called a rootstock in such a way that the union will be formed and partners will continue to grow. The rootstock usually has a healthy root system and can cope better with different soil types. Grafting usually aids in genetic improvement, Increase in number and size of fruits produced, better resistance to pest, diseases and harsh climatic conditions. 
Normally an avocado grown from seed may take 6-10years to bear fruits while a grafted Avocado tree produces fruits in 3-4years. The main problem of grafting is incompatibility; this bottleneck is as a result of the obstruction of the xylem and phloem, this reduces the normal circulation of soil nutrients.
Enough of the agriculture lecture and back to the point, in John chapter 15. Jesus is called the true vine and if you remain in him and He remains in you then you will bear fruits for without him you can do nothing.
The relationship between us and Christ is like grafting; we are like a plant (Scion) not reaching our maximum capacity but once we allow ourselves to be grafted to Christ, the rootstock which  has an optimally functioning system and is omniscient, we become better and begin to live out our lives to maximum capacity, bearing fruit in every area and living in harsh conditions yet blooming regardless.
Jesus has presented himself; as a perfect modification of our beings and he is willing to abide with you only on the condition that you abide with him as well without any obstruction.
Being grafted to Christ explains what dwelling in Christ and Christ dwelling in you means. You are no longer a single person struggling with life and thriving to survive but you are now the best modification of yourself because you are now engrafted into Christ.

We are called to live the best life and for me living my best life is when I am grafted into Christ and he is grafted into me.

Who are you grafted to?

Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned.”
‭‭John‬ ‭15:4-6‬ ‭NIV‬‬








Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts