WOW Moment

Walking on Water (WOW!) Moment


I am walking water! Yes I said it. Few months ago I went to God in prayers about the next phase of my life. I know I had heard him tell me to make my request, I then spoke to him loudly “Lord, if this request of mine is your will let the process be a smooth one,” he smiled and nodded and did not say a word after.
 Few days later I started to see signs and get step by step procedures on my request and believe me the process was seamlessly easier. I got the Bible verse on  Peters lifetime achievement moment; his walking on water as an anchor to the next phase and I took my time to study through the story.

Peter had been a fisherman all his life, he had mastered the tides right from when he was little, he had always loved to go fishing with his Dad. The boat and sea were his most comfortable place in the world to be. Now he had left catching  fish to follow Jesus to fish for men. It was a new experience all together but he loved it. 
On this day Jesus had asked peter and the other disciples to get on a boat and cross to the other side as he would catch up with them later. Peter was thrilled being the captain of this ship, he got on board to make his way to the other side. The storms got bad and with every high rise he sailed through with all his might. Suddenly they saw someone walk in their direction. How could it be! Someone walking on water? It was Jesus. Peter called out “ Lord if it’s you call me to come walk on water.” Jesus stretched his hand to Peter from afar off “come Peter!”
This was different, this was impossible but he dared the impossible, after all he had been summoned by God himself. He took one foot out and other disciples shrugged and said underneath their breath “ what is he doing. He’s going to drown master” peter took both feet out and stood on the water as though his feet were stamped to the hard ground, he braced himself and took the next step “I’m walking on water” he said exhilaratingly. Jesus smile and said to him “keep coming.” He moved again closer but the tides swept even higher, lightening flashed  across the sky and a loud crashing thunder came after, Peter looked around and lost grip of the surface his feet were on. He fell deep in and started to drown. He drowned in fear, he struggled for breath. With each resistance came an even greater tide to sweep him deeper. 

“Lord I’m drowning!” I cried out. 
“You called me up upon the waters to the unknown, my feet which stood firm are wobbling and failing. You told me to move and I put in my resignation to a job I had been working for a year and some months, you asked me to leave my abode; to leave all my friends and family and come to out of my comfort zone and meet you in the impossible and now I got visa denial on the grounds that I didn’t have enough means. Lord, you asked me to walk on water with no life jacket, no oxygen mask and now I’m drowning. I trusted you lord and you are just there watching me sink. Help me please!” I cried even louder. 

Jesus walked towards peter  pulling him out he said “o men of little faith.” 
He asked me “Biwom what did I tell you?”
With a little voice I responded “when you don’t move the mountains, when you don’t part the oceans, I should still trust in You..” He took me out of the pile of doubt and fear I had place over my head and gave me the means and said “come with me hand in hand. I got you”

I typed this post on a flight to Europe and Jesus was sitting next to me and smiling at me. Believe it or not. I walked on water, I sank  but now I am walking hand in hand with God and we are going into the next phase to face the challenges and this story will give me hope when next I find myself being led to a place of uncertainty. I have been taught to have the kind of trust that has no borders.

Jesus walked on water, Peter walked on water, You too will be called to walk on water.
In that WOW(Walking on Water) moment when God calls you to a place where your feet will not ordinarily wonder to, He will empty you of all that which you are familiar with, after all only an empty vessel can float on water. Trust him to make you brave and lead you beyond the shores.


"Trust in and rely confidently on the Lord with all your heart and do not rely on your own insight or understating. In all your ways acknowledge and recognize Him, and He will make your path straight and smooth [removing obstacles that block your way]. " -Proverbs 3:5-6 AMP


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
reference: Mathew 14:22-36



Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing your story- WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallelujah!!! God be praised. I thank God for his grace upon your life and I pray that even as you started this journey in complete trust in God, God will continue to show you newer, greater dimensions of his power. I pray that you will find favour in every place you step into by the spirit of God that is in you. Love you dear

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a similar experience and a similar post and title on my blog;olaitankushimo.wordpress.com.
    Now I know to trust God absolutely.God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so encouraging to read. Indeed God always shows up and he's never late

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't get enough of this post! This is like my 4th time on it, it keeps encouraging me�� thank you Bee

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts