Stay Put




    It bothered me that months had passed without a finished article. Yet each single day came with something to write about, could it be that I was so overwhelmed by everything happening that I couldn’t find the words to express all the different life lessons I was learning? 
There’s a saying that goes “if you pray for the rain get ready to deal with the mud.” We have all spent countless hours talking to God about some things,we have invested faith and hoped that our prayers will be answered in the right time. But have we ever sat down for a minute to think about how there’s always another prayer after the request is granted?  As eager as we may be for our prayers to be answered, for our levels to be elevated we never fully prepare for the difficulties and the challenges that come with going up. Truth be told we only envision how in the end everything plays out perfectly, but hardly do we ever realistically think of the difficulties that might come with it.  
God has put in us the strength to overcome the difficulties that come as we proceed on life’s  journey. We have to realize that we are made elastic to stretch ourselves through whatever situation we might face. Personally, I didn’t imagine moving to Poland will come with a lot of challenges,shortly after I got here I was almost thrown apart by them.

When you read through the book of Psalms, you will realize that king David, King of Israel had too many trouble times. He had been anointed  King of Israel by Samuel but He had to still deal with Saul and go through different obstacles. And while He was King he faced many more troubles and even strife within his household which resulted in his oldest son wanting to take his life. In one of David’s Psalms he writes “How long, Lord? Will you forget me forever? How long will you hide your face from me? How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and day after day have sorrow in my heart? How long will my enemy triumph over me? But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation. I will sing the Lord’s praise, for he has been good to me.”[Psalm‬ ‭13:1-2, 5-6‬ ‭NIV‬‬]

David went through difficulties but he stayed through recounting God’s goodness, trusting  Him to fight his battles and deliver him through it all.
Trusting God, recounting His goodness in the past and knowing that you are never alone is key in dealing with difficulties. The way God works is either He shows you the path and not show you the mountain top or He shows you the mountain top and not the path. You have to trust that if He can bring you to it, He definitely can bring you through it. Stay put as the Journey ahead is going to be even tougher. 


“From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I.”
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭61:2‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Comments

  1. We hope for a better tomorrow and trust that God will lead us safely to our destination. Thanks for the reminder of giving thanks to God for things done while anticipating future achievements

    ReplyDelete
  2. May God help us through all of life's phases. His strength is made perfect in our weakness!
    Nice write up Biwom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always worth the wait for another article. Great write-up. God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm blessed. God is too faithful to fail or disappoint us. All we need do is to stay put. Cant wait for another doze.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts